Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Review: Private Delhi

Private Delhi Private Delhi by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

**The version of this book I listened to was "Private: Count to Ten."***

Book 13 in the "Private" series, and yet another one published with two titles, I really just could not get into this one. I assumed a bigger deal would have been made over Santosh having quit his job as head of Private Mumbai and being convinced by Jack to come back and start Private Delhi but it was barely even mentioned.

There were sections of this book I had to go back and listen to more than once because I realized I hadn't been paying attention. And then after awhile, I stopped doing that because I realized I just didn't care. As with the first book set in India, there were too many characters to try to keep track of and the narrator did a horrible job with the women's voices - they were way over-exaggerated (based on my experience of having both male and female friends who are from India), which made them almost cringe-worthy to listen to.

The plot had something to do with organ harvesting and bodies being dissolved in acid, which I believe were two separate story arcs (as I said, I stopped caring/really listening) and were of course resolved by the Private team.

View all my reviews

No comments: