Friday, October 18, 2019

Review: Private India

Private India Private India by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Santosh Wagh is the widowed, alcoholic head of Private India and can't decide between his love the bottle and his not wanting to disappoint his boss Jack Morgan when he gets a call about a murder which makes his choice for him. Not long after the first murder, a second one and then a third and fourth happen, all of which seem to have nothing in common. And then, Jack, who happens to be in India is suspected to be involved in them, which ratchets up the team trying to figure them out, which they of course do. And then there is some weird ending that made me wonder what I missed because it seemed to come out of left field.

So yeah, not my favorite book in this series. I couldn't keep the characters straight and I've come to the conclusion that in order to head up one of Private's overseas offices, you must be a widower. (Or have been involved in some sort of horrible car accident that almost left you widowed).

I don't know how many times I restarted chapters before I finally stopped caring. Maybe if the narrator's voice wasn't so flat, it would have helped, but I just couldn't get into this branch of the agency, which is unfortunate since I see there is another India based book in this series by the same co-author. Hopefully, that one is better!


View all my reviews

No comments: