Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weeds 1, Heather 0

I have determined I am allergic to yard work and that it isn't really my cup of tea.  Waste Collections picks up yard debris every two weeks.  Today was yard debris day and thanks to the generosity of my neighbors, my 64-gallon can was overfilled with not only lawn clippings but weeds they pulled the last time they came over and mowed the lawn.

When I got home today, I took the little monsters for a quick walk and decided to pull the weeds along the fence (between the sidewalk and the fence).  I don't usually pass by that part of the house since I rarely travel north on that side street so when I walked the dogs by there yesterday I was surprised (though I shouldn't have been) to see the area was overgrown with weeds.  And then I remembered I am responsible for that side of the sidewalk as it is technically my property. 

In less than an hour, I pulled a muscle in my ribs (which I strongly do NOT recommend), had an allergic reaction to some weed (at least the rash isn't as bad as the last time I did yard work), scratched my shin to the point of drawing blood, and refilled the yard debris can which means I have to wait another two weeks before I can add to it.  And my yard still looks like this is a vacant property.  But, hey, at least the fence line is pretty again. 

Dear Fairy Godmother, please make there be a way I can have my yard service back.  Thank you.

No comments: