Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sharing

James was a boob man. I have never understood the fascination men have with boobs-everyone has them-but he was a boob man. He even had a t-shirt that said "Boobies Make Me Smile." His best friend has it now. They were at Spencer's while his best friend's wife and I got our eyebrows waxed (something I have not felt it was necessary to do again) and they saw the shirt at the same time. James grabbed it first. After he died, it only seemed right for his best friend to have it.

Yesterday, I had a date with the best friend's wife. Our new thing is to go have our 6,000 calorie salads at Sweet Tomatoes and then walk it off at Border's. During lunch, we were talking about the dog they just put down and how the urn company messed up the dog's name on the urn, but they should be able to fix it. I said when the time comes, I am putting Sammy and Charlie in with James. His urn is not sealed so his ashes can be spread someday. I said that my plan was to put the boys in with him and then when my time came, I want to be put in with the three of them and our ashes all spread together.

I then went on to say that I realize this could prevent a problem down the road as Mystery Husband #2 might not like this idea, assuming there will be a MH #2 (if not, I guess that solves this problem). She said that maybe as time goes on, I will change my mind. I said that's true. Maybe I would decide that they could share me. MH #2 would get part and James and the boys would get part. And then I told her to make sure James gets my boobs.

I really do amuse myself.

No comments: