Saturday, December 12, 2009

Advent #6: Santa Claus

Dear Santa,

If I could win my fantasy football league this year, that would totally rock. I would also like MH #2, all the stupid people to lose their licenses until after the first of the year, Charlie to stop barking at the shrub-like thing I am passing off as this year's tree, my salary returned to what it was before the pay cut, and good road conditions on Christmas so I don't have to bail on the volunteer project I am signed up to do. Oh-and I would also really like a Snuggie. Green, since they don't come in purple.

Thanks!
Heather

(p.s. Thanks for your patience with posing with my dogs last weekend. I know that couldn't have been easy. Sorry Sammy was such a pain!)
*******************************************************************************
Ah yes, letters to Santa. They were so simple when I was younger. I would usually ask for something to do with Barbie. I always wanted the dream house, which was always too expensive. I did get the less-expensive slum house one year though and I was happy with that. I still have a lot of the furniture, which may actually be back in style. I also got the Corvette, which was super cool. The letter to Santa was basically a list of everything I had marked in the Sear's wish book, which I just realized was probably my parents way of getting out of going through the book to see what I wanted.

As I got older, letters to Santa became letters to Mom. My parents divorced when I was 9, as I mentioned before, and although my parents had joint custody, we lived with Dad. My wish list of toys gradually grew into more grown up things like books and CDs. And then I got to the point of not really wanting anything specific. When I would tell my parents I didn't really have anything in mind, they would ask what I wanted for my birthday. I never understood this. If I don't know what I want for Christmas, how the heck am I going to know what I want 3 weeks later? This year, I am prepared. If Mom asks, I am going to tell her I want a green Snuggie. I already told my brother but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan.

Every year, I have received a gift from Santa (who apparently employs Mom as his gift labeler). I am curious to see what Santa will bring me this year.

No comments: