Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gotta love Tuesdays that feel like Mondays.

Today was not a bad day per se, but it definitely had it's frustrating moments. Yesterday, at the end of the day, our IT guy came in and set up my new computer. This morning, I learned it has Vista. So far, I am not really liking Vista and am very grateful my boss in college made us use shortcut keys instead of the mouse.

Because my priorities are oh so straight, the first thing I did was transfer my music from the server to my hard drive. Then I discovered that my speakers were not working. After informing my boss I was not about to work all day with no music, he came and fixed my speakers. Granted, we both knew that I would indeed work all day with no music, but I am not exactly motivated when I am sulking.

Then I discovered that I did not have Adobe. While I was waiting for my boss to come fix that problem, I decided to call and make a doctor's appointment. Here is the conversation I had with the receptionist, with a few minor identifying details left out:

Receptionist: "Good morning. Local Clinic OB/GYN. How may I help you?"
Me: "Hi. I would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. M. please."
Her (slightly confused): "Would you like to make an appointment or see if you have one already scheduled?"
Me: "I would like to make one."
Her: "What is your date of birth?"
Me: "1-15-74."
Her: "What is your name?"
Me: "Heather G."
Momentary silence while she brings up my account.
Her: "You don't have an appointment scheduled. Would you like to make one?"
Momentary silence while I wonder if I am seriously having this conversation.
Me: "Yes, I would," I managed to say politely.
Her: "You are scheduled to come in after August 8th. How about August 11th-that's a Tuesday-at 3:30? Would that work for you?"
Me: "Yes, thank you. That would be perfect."

I got off the phone and verified with my co-workers, that yes, I do indeed speak clear, concise English. Although I suppose it is possible I really don't and after 2 1/2 years, they just understand Heatherese.

This afternoon was much better, thanks in large part to 25-cent cookie Tuesday at Subway. I took the brunt of my frustrations out on the Tae Kwan Do bag when I got home. Well-placed round kicks are very therapeutic, although I do need to work on the left side.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Funny story!! I like the title too.

Proves that some people just don't listen. Feels good to take out the frustrations on a bag I bet!!

Heather said...

It felt better last night than it did this morning. My left ribs are a little unhappy!