Friday, June 19, 2009

The long night begins

I have dropped Sammy off at the vet and now the wait begins. He has had surgery before. He was neutered and micro-chipped as a puppy; he has had his teeth cleaned a few times. And each time he has made it through the procedure just fine. There is no reason to believe this one will be any different. But, it is surgery so there is always risk involved. I will breathe much easier tomorrow morning around 10:00 after I am able to call and check on him and even better tomorrow afternoon after I have brought him home.

Charlie keeps going back and forth between me and the door looking for his buddy. I keep telling him that Sammy's not here but he just gives me that look he gets when Sammy is in trouble and has to have a timeout outside. The look that says "um, Mom, you forgot to let Sammy in." I hope he will settle down by bedtime.

I was invited to go hang out with a friend tonight but I am going to be gone all morning for a volunteer project and I didn't want to leave Charlie home alone all night too. Now I just need to figure out what to do for the next couple of hours until it is time for bed.

No comments: