Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sammy's home

I called this morning around 10:15 and was told that Sammy was doing great and could go home after noon. I verified that meant after 12:00 and not some time this afternoon. I have had that happen before where I have gone to pick them up and have had to come back later-usually it is with the groomer.

My volunteer project was supposed to go until noon; it ended early so I arrived at the vet's office at 12:08. I had a moment of panic when I looked over the invoice and under the quantity of mass removals, it says 20. My heart dropped but it was explained that was a measure of time for billing purposes, not the number of masses that were removed.

When the vet tech brought Sammy out she said he knew I was there-that as soon as she went back to get him, he started going nuts. He certainly is not acting like a dog that has recently been under anesthesia! Ii suspect that once we get settled in on the couch, he will crash. Right now, he and Charlie are barricaded downstairs since they don't want Sammy to go racing up and down the stairs like he is in the Indy 500.

I definitely feel a lot better now that he is home and I can see for myself he is doing fine. The biopsy results should be in mid-week so in a few days, I will be able to put this whole incident behind me.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad it went well. I have been waiting all day for some news and am happy to see you blogged today. Now you can take a deep breath.....

Sari said...

Aww, I'm so glad he's home and you can relax a little.

Heather said...

Thanks. He's doing well-keeping food and water down, and not coming when I call him as usual. :o)

Rick said...

I am glad to hear that sammy is re-cooping! I'll pray that the results are negative!!

:-)